Residential Solar Energy Estimate Request
Solar energy systems can dramatically reduce home energy use and create a source of income for many homeowners. If your roof, back yard or garage has a year-round sunny spot, it has the potential to generate electricity from a solar energy system.
- Solar energy is a great tool for reducing your carbon footprint.
- With tax incentives and rebates, can be an affordable way to move toward energy independence.
- Up to 30% of the installed cost of a solar system can be claimed as a federal tax credit.
- The State of Minnesota exempts solar equipment from sales tax.
- It also exempts solar energy systems from increasing your property tax basis.
- Xcel Energy and other MN utilities offer rebates to purchasers of qualifying solar systems.