Selling energy back to the grid will off-set the cost of your new solar array!
As of January 2018, Xcel Energy is launching a new rewards program for customers who add solar panels to their homes and commercial buildings. Yes, Xcel will actually pay YOU for the excess electricity you produce. So how do you get started? First, determine if your home or business is optimal for a solar installation by contacting Cedar Creek Energy. We will schedule a no-obligation site visit to discuss if your home or commercial building is a good candidate for solar. In addition, Cedar Creek Energy will work directly with Xcel Energy to complete the forms and paperwork necessary to create a Solar Rewards Account and submit your application.
Why is It Important to Act Now?
The Xcel Energy Solar Rewards Program will offset the cost of installing your PV solar system by 8 cents per kWh produced by your system in excess of what you are using. Depending on the size of your solar array, this incentive alone can add up to thousands of dollars per year. Once your application is accepted, you will reap the rewards of this program for 10 years. The great news is that Xcel Energy has significantly expanded production goals from 4.6 MW to 13.7 MW, an expansion of close to 300%, allowing you to potentially sell even more electricity back to the grid.
How do I Know if I’m Eligible for Rewards?
Through its 2018 Solar Rewards Program, Xcel Energy has identified a number of requirements for your eligibility in the Solar Rewards Program including:
- You must be a current customer of Xcel Energy
- This must be the first incentive program you have participated in
- You must own the building, home, or property upon which the solar array will be installed
- You must agree to connect your system to the Xcel Energy grid
- Agree to sign a 10-year Solar Rewards contract with Xcel Energy
- Install a system that produces between 0.5 and 20.00 kW. Anything larger will not be considered for this program, although we have other programs for larger systems
- The system you install cannot exceed 120% of your electricity needs based on an analysis of your electric usage
- You need to work with a reputable and professional solar installation company like Cedar Creek Energy
- Your project needs to be installed within 365 from the date of your application
While You’re At It: Switch to LED Lights
Building a new solar array offers an added energy savings opportunity: to install LED Lighting throughout your home or commercial building. In general, businesses spend between 30-40% of their energy costs on lighting. LED lighting takes 75 – 90% less energy. Maximize your investment in solar energy by improving the overall efficiency of your lighting. Retrofitting your lighting is a logical next step to going solar. No one wants to waste valuable solar energy on old fashioned incandescent or fluorescent light bulbs.
For more information on the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards Program, contact Cedar Creek Energy today.